|For year seven pupils there are useful resources to be found on the induction site www.neutralised.com. You will find a floor plans of the main school, the sixth form block and an aerial photograph of the school site which has clear labels of the major features. CLICK HERE to be redirected to www.neutralised.com|
EDWARD VI CAMP HILL SCHOOL FOR BOYS GEOGRAPHY DEPARTMENT SCHEME OF WORK
YEAR 7- ACADEMIC YEAR CONTENT. TWO LESSONS PLUS ONE HOMEWORK PER WEEK.
UNIT ONE - MAPWORK SKILLS AND MAP D UK - 8 WEEKS.
1. What is Geography? 2. How can we show direction? Draw 16 points of compass. 3. How do we measure distance? Drawing maps video. 4. How do we use map symbols? What are grid references? 5. How do we use six-figure grid references? Birmingham OS map exercise locating school, home, City Centre and Edgbaston Cricket Ground. 6. How do contours show height and relief? Make contour model of Island. 7. How can we describe routes? Assessment - OS map test 5 Map D UK. Assessment - Map D test.
UNIT TWO - LOCAL FIELDWORK AND SETTLEMENT - 7 WEEKS.
1. What is fieldwork? 2. Looking at land use. Preparation for fieldwork. 3. Presentation of data - graphs. 4. Fieldwork lesson. 5. Presentation of fieldwork data. 6. Assessment. 7. (i) House survey, bar graph and analysis. (ii) Kings Heath land use map and analysis.
UNIT THREE - HOME REGION - 4 WEEKS.
1. City of Birmingham wards. The growth of Birmingham. 2. West Midlands standard region. The green belt.
1. Secondary industry in Birmingham. 2. Rover - Longbridge. Cadburys* - Boumville.
UNIT FOUR - ATLAS SKILLS - 2 WEEKS.
1. Latitude and Longitude. 2. Images of the world. CD - rom.
UNIT FIVE - TRANSPORT - CHANNEL TUNNEL - 4 WEEKS.
1. How can road and railway networks be described? 2. How can the development of transport systems bring both advantages and disadvantages. 3. By - pass routes. 4. Assessment. Eurotunnel - the link to Europe.
UNIT SIX - WEATHER AND CLIMATE - 6 WEEKS.
1. How might you observe and record the weather? 2. How can local features affect temperature and wind? 3. What is Britains weather? 4. How does it rain? 5. Forecasting the weather - anticyclones. 6. Forecasting the weather - depressions.
UNIT SEVEN - EXAMS - 3 WEEKS.
1. Revision programme. 2. Exam. 3. Go through mark scheme.
UNIT EIGHT - RIVER BASINS - BANGLADESH - 3 WEEKS.
1 .How does the water cycle work? River basins - what happens when rain reaches the ground.? What is a river basin? 2. What are the results of a flood? What causes flooding in Bangladesh? 3. Bangladesh - where is it? Bangladesh - video.